Why move money with Sable?
Fast, inexpensive, and easy-to-use: we’ve partnered with Wise to help you avoid the hassles and added costs of cross-border money flows. Sable customers now have a simple way to transfer funds internationally at extra-low prices – and it’s cheaper, faster and even more convenient for you to move money with our app than through Wise!
In case you’re new to sending money in this way, here’s the what, the why, and the how-to.
How do international transfers work?
The new system is beautifully simple. You can bypass pricey international payments entirely by using Wise’s system of two local transfers instead of one international transaction. We make this process easy with our one-click, hassle-free Wise account setup via the Sable app.
Yes, that’s right – our app lets you create a Wise account with just one click! Or if you already use the service, you can now go directly through our app, connecting your bank account to your Wise profile: No need to switch between websites. Our team has worked hard to make Wise transfers extra-convenient and cheap for Sable customers. When you transfer funds through our app rather than through their external site, you’re saving money and time.
Here’s how the transfer works: Let’s say you want to send money to an account in Malaysia. You transfer the equivalent amount to Wise’s USD account. The equivalent amount is then sent in the local currency (so in this case ringgit) from the Malaysia-based Wise account to the account you want to transfer to.
This smart system ensures that the money never actually moves across borders, and the currency conversion is done using the real mid-market exchange rate. What does this mean for you? No hidden fees, no bad exchange rates, and no surprises.
The actual transfer process is both cheap and fast – over 30% of Wise’s international transfers are sent within 20 seconds. So whether you’re sending money to Pakistan or Germany, there’s no need to wait.
How do I transfer money in the Sable app?
- On your account screen, click Move Money, then select Send money internationally.
- Enter either the amount you want to send or the amount you want the recipient to get. Wise will calculate the equivalent automatically.
- Tap Create a Wise account if you’re new to Wise – and that’s it, your account is created! Or Log in if you’re already with the service.
- Confirm the amount you’re sending and who you’re sending it to. You can select an existing recipient or add a new one.
- Almost there! Check the details of your transaction are correct, and press Confirm.
- Success! You’ll see a screen informing you that your money is on its way to the recipient, and you’ll be notified when it arrives – which can be as fast as a few seconds.
Need to send money internationally? Don't pay extra because of bad exchange rates and hidden fees. If you need assistance with the above steps or have a question about international transfers, we’re here to help. Contact us via email at [email protected], or by calling +1 (833) 583-8383.
What is Wise?
Wise is an online money transfer service that lets you send money cheaply. The company was founded in London in 2011 by Kristo Käärmann and Taavet Hinrikus, who realized the need for a 21st-century transfer service after facing difficulty moving money between the UK and their homeland of Estonia.
Over the last couple of years, Wise – originally known as Transferwise – has exploded in popularity. Their total valuation is now around $8.7bn, and they have over 10 million customers who collectively transferred $54bn last year.