U.S. Based, Remote
Mid-weight Brand Designer
We are looking for a talented Brand Designer who can take the reins in visioning, creating, scaling, and amplifying the Sable brand in new ways. A person who loves social, email, and performance marketing.
- Team: Design
- Type: Part-time, 20 hours a week
- Location: U.S. Based, Remote
- Compensation: (TBD)
This company was started by asking a simple question: What if premium banking was built equally for American residents, immigrants, students, and citizens—for everyone?For over a century, the U.S. has put up barriers based on race, nationality, gender, sexuality, and more to life-changing tools like credit and debit. It’s not a new problem, but it was time for a new solution, so we built Sable: effortless, borderless banking for a more connected world.
What you'll do at Sable
- Design for a wide range of projects including social, email, and performance marketing to create a consistent narrative across all marketing touchpoints
- Produce new assets (photos, video, illustration, etc.) to be used in marketing materials
- Tell emotional and authentic member stories to educate others on the benefits of Sable
- Partner with our product design team to present new features
- Partner with our marketing team to drive growth
- Partner with copywriters to deliver designs that are creative, experimental, perform well, and align with our brand standards
The Design opportunity
The Design opportunity at Sable is unique in the following ways:
Design is integral to accomplishing our vision.
We believe that access to great product design for credit and debit card customers is a must in a digital banking world. Designers on the team are empowered to make strategic decisions and encouraged to innovate.
Think like an owner.
Our culture is based on ownership and trust. Each team member will have a strong say and ownership over their work.
Grow as a designer at Sable.
Pitch in on big brand moments like feature launches, brand campaigns, and more. Shape the future of design at Sable with the ability to redefine our brand guidelines. Expand your design focus beyond the brand: with the ability to learn new areas such as web, product, or design systems.
What you should have
- 3-ish years of relevant work experience on a brand design team, either in-house or at an agency
- A foundational understanding of design principles; typography, layout, color, hierarchy, etc.
- Familiarity with all the big social platforms YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
- A super organized and tidy workflow, a love for naming conventions, and an eye for detail
- Ability to be a collaborative teammate on large projects and work efficiently alone on smaller tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fully at home in Figma and Adobe CC
- Familiarity with design sprints and agile methodology.
Bonus Points for: After Effects skills, video editing skills