Senior Software Engineer
How often do you get to build something that has the potential to change lives? Sable provides people with fair access to credit and innovative financial tools to transform their financial prospects for the better.
We’re going places.
We started as a Y Combinator backed company, but a soon-to-be-announced merger has set the stage for us to launch a new product line in early 2023 to over 6 million in-house customers.
Banking for all.
We place emphasis on learning and personal development. You'll have the opportunity to learn a lot about the global financial system, get mentoring, participate in trainings and attend conferences.
Grow with us.
Sable is a mobile bank for everyone, no matter where they’re from. We pierce through the noise with transparent banking policies and an unmatched mobile banking app user experience.
About the Engineering team
- We build the core banking platform that’s used daily by hundreds of thousands of customers (soon to be millions!). We work across the entire platform from low-level financial products (simple debits and credits), to the mobile app and even the tools used by our fraud, compliance and customer service teams.
- We own the delivery from end-to-end. Together with a product manager and designer, we work on designing and delivering features from the idea, to execution, testing and release.
- We follow a DevOps methodology. We’re responsible for both writing the code as well as delivering it and maintaining it in production.
Our platform and tools
- Our backend is built in Typescript using Node.js. We expose GraphQL endpoints for our mobile apps and REST APIs for our internal tools.
- Our mobile app is also built in Typescript using React Native.
- We deploy to Google Cloud using Terraform. Our applications run mostly on Kubernetes and a few Cloud Functions.
- You’ll work across all areas of the company and all parts of the stack. We work full-stack and all engineers meaningfully contribute to the backend, the app, our automated test suites and occasionally on data engineering.
- You’ll be based in Berlin. We visit our office in Mitte 1-2 times a week and work from home the rest of the time. You’ll also have the opportunity to visit our other teams in New York City, Salt Lake City and Costa Rica.
- You have at least a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar.
- You have at least 4 years experience in building software in Typescript.
- You are comfortable with Node.js and frameworks such as Express or Koa
- You have experience in writing tests.
- You are comfortable with React
- You have previously lead the development of multiple features from end-to-end.
- You’re pragmatic and build systems that are simple and fit for purpose (we like to keep things simple and manageable).
- Optional: Some experience working with cloud platforms (we use Google Cloud) and Kubernetes.